GENERAL PARTNER - SEVENSEAS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Prokopios (Akis) Tsirigakis - CEO
Akis has 35yrs experience in ship-owning and ship-management. Has effected several IPOs since 2005 and headed as CEO several public Companies including Star Bulk Carriers (Nasdaq:SBLK) the largest Dry Bulk public company. Other IPOs include Stellar Acquisition III Inc. in 2016 (Nasdaq:STLRU) and Nautilus Marine Acquisition Corp. (Nasdaq:NMAR) in 2011, that was subsequently privatized. Held several directorships in USA publicly listed companies. Was Managing Director for seven years of Oceanbulk, a large dry bulk vessel owner/manager. Since 2010, he is Chairman of the Technical Committee of RINA, the Italian Classification. A frequent speaker at various fora on shipping topics. Over the years held positions of Technical Director at several companies before creating in 1998 the third-party Technical-management company of bulkers and tankers Combine Marine Inc. Holds Masters’ and BSc in Naval Architecture, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
Stefanos D. Michalis - COO
Stefanos has 12yrs experience in shipping and 3yrs experience in Private Equity (Notos Associates). As Managing Director of Diamantis Pateras Maritime (DPML) he led the company’s involvement in the LPG shipping segment. Through a series of vessel acquisitions and corporate transactions (JVs and M&A) was a key person in the creation of Epic Gas Carriers; a global leading operator of gas carriers controlling 43 vessels, where he served as Vice Chairman until end 2015. He is a Committee Member of Skuld P&I Club. He holds MSc in Operational Research, London School of Economics, BSc in Management Systems City University.
Commercial Managers - DIAMANTIS PATERAS MARITIME LTD
- Diamantis Pateras Maritime Ltd. (DPML) is currently headed by Stephanos D. Pateras as President. The Company is based in Piraeus and operates under Greek Law ’89 (www.dpateras.com).
- The family’s history in shipping goes back to 1868 when John C. Pateras from the island of Oinousses, left his three sons - Constantine, Nicolas & Diamantis, a freighter named “Evangelistria”. From 1886, Diamantis J. Pateras together with his two brothers operated many sailing freighters and several steam-powered vessels. After the Second World War and until the beginning of the 20th century, the Pateras Group operated over 200 vessels of all types (Liberties, Tankers, Bulkers, OBOs, Reefers), many Newbuildings were among them, with great success.
- In 2005, Diamantis Pateras Maritime Ltd. (DPML) was established in Piraeus, entering the LPG segment by commercially managing an initial fleet of 6 pressurized vessels. The following years, DPML created a Joint Venture with a leading German shipping bank, further expanding its fleet, and in 2013 led a merger to form EPIC GAS, which is now the leading operator of pressurized gas carriers with a fleet of 43 gas vessels (www.epic-gas.com - NOTC: EPIC).
Technical Managers - NAUTILUS ENERGY MANAGEMENT CORP.
- Nautilus Energy Management Corp. (NEMC) is a Ship-management company founded and headed by Akis Tsirigakis as Chairman and CEO, based in Athens, operates under Greek Law ’89
- Full Technical Management services including Operations, Crewing, Accounting, Procurement, etc.
- Extensive experience by a proven management team having operated over the years vessels of every kind such as Tankers, Bulk Carriers, Multipurpose vessels, Offshore Supply vessels
- Implements highest reporting requirements observing Sarbanes-Oxley principles and externally Audited to cater to the strictest corporate governance requirements of public companies